Prof. R.N.Dutta is a senior consultant in Columbia Asia Hospital, Salt Lake, Kolkata and he is one of the best dermatologists in Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
He is a postgraduate examiner of Calcutta University, RIMS (Ranchi), Patna University, Gauhati University, Dibrugarh University, RIMS Imphal, Cuttack University, Utkal University.
After completing his Senior Cambridge from Loyola School, Jamshedpur, he passed M.B.B.S from Calcutta National Medical College and MD from Patna Medical College.
He was the HOD, Dermatology, of North Bengal Medical College and Calcutta National Medical College.
He was the Professor & Head Department of Dermatology, Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research and SSKM Hospital, Kolkata. He was the Chairman, Post Graduate Academic Council of IPGME&R - since 4th May 2004 till retirement. He was the Chairman / Coordinator of 9 workshops organized in IPGMER and SSKM Hospital. With his initiative he has introduced 5 MD (dermatology) seats in IPGMER, Kolkata.
He was the Member of Scientific Committees South Asian Regional Conference of Dermatology - 1999 and National Conference of IADVL -1999.
He was a member, panel of expert for dermatology for Drug Controller General (1), DDHS, New Delhi, since 1999.
Also the subject expert & consultant for UGC country wide class room television program by (EMRC), Kolkata, since 2000.
He was Chairman Scientific Committee of (ASTICON-2005).
Since 2006, regularly conducting the “Eastern India Workshop of Dermatosurgery and Cosmetic Dermatology” at IPGMER and SSKM Hospital to train dermatologists of the eastern states of our country.
Prof. R.N.Dutta was the coordinator, course committee - Calcutta University for dermatology 2002-2003, was then member of the expert committee-in medicine and allied subjects, Calcutta University, later, the Convener, board of studies of West Bengal University of Health Sciences, till 2009.
He was a Member of Ethics Committee of IPGMER and SSKM Hospital since 2011 till 2019.
He has conducted many workshop as chairman and principal coordinator, viz;
- Organising Chairperson of “Aesthetica Asia 2019” Conference
- Organising Chairperson of “Aesthetica Asia 2016” Conference
- Organising Chairperson of “Aesthetica Asia 2017” Conference
- “Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights” in collaboration with dept. of Science And Technology Govt. of West Bengal.
- “Workshop on HIV & AIDS” in collaboration with WBSAPCS Govt. of West Bengal.
- “Workshop on World without Leprosy” as Vice Chairperson and Chairperson Scientific Committee, with Grecaltes where his excellency the hon’ble Governor of West Bengal Shri. Gopal Krishna Gandhi was the chief guest.
Paper published more than 50 and in many leading Non Dermatology very high impact International Journals like;
- Journal Of Environment Monitoring, 2004, 6, 75N-83N
- Archives Of Environmental Health, November 2003 [Vol. 58(No. 11)]
- Toxicology 208 (2005) 185-169
- National President of Indian Association of Leprosy (IAL)
- Chairman of Eastern India Cosmetic Dermatology Research Academy (EICDRA)
- Chairperson & President of Eastern India Workshop of Dermatosurgery & Cosmetic Dermatology (EIWDC).
- President of “Service Organization Towards Upliftment of Living” (SOUL).
- Past National Vice President of IADVL.
- Past National Vice President of IASSTD & AIDS.
- Past National Treasurer of IAL.
- Past National President of Indian Association for the Study 0f Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Aids ( IASSTD & AIDS) (2014 - 2015).
- Past National General Secretary of Indian Association of Leprosy (IAl).
- Past National Vice President of Indian Association Of Dermatologists Venereologists & Leprologists (IADVL ) (1994).
- Past State President (W.B.) of Indian Association of Dermatologists Venereologists & Leprologists (IADVL).
- Past Professor & Head , Dermatology, Of Institute Of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research & SSKM, P.G. Hospital, Kolkata (IPGMER)
- Past Professor & Head, Dermatology, of North Bengal Medical College and Hospital.
- Past HOD, Dermatology, Of Calcutta National Medical College
- Past President of Calcutta National Medical College Alumni Association
Recipient of :
- Prof. B.N.Banerjee Oration (Cuticon W.B. 2017)
- Dr. Haobam Devendra Singh Oration (XII Cuticon Manipur 2016)
- Dr R. V. Rajam Endowment Oration of IASSTD & AIDS (Chennai 2015)
Editor and Reviewer of Journal :
- Journal of Indian Medical Association (JIMA)
- Journal of Indian Association of Dermatology, Veneorology and Leprology (IJDVL)
- Indian Journal of Dermatology (IJD)
- Journal of Indian Association Sexually Transmitted Diseases and AIDS (JIASSTD)
- Executive Editor of Journal of Aesthetics in India (JAI)
- Present Adviser to Editorial Board, Journal of IASSTTD and AIDS,
- Past Associate Editor - Indian Medical Journal,
- Past Member - Indian Journal of Dermatology
- Past Guest Editor – Your Health,
- Past Associate Editor, Journal of IASSTTD and AIDS
Conferences Attended :
Participated in many National and International conferences.
- Cuticon Jharkhand 2019, Dhanbad, Jharkhand
- ISRPTCon2019, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Pigmentarycon 2019, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Cuticon Bihar 2019, Deoghar, Jharkhand
- Overseas Symposium of Aesthetica Asia 2019, Nairobi, Kenya
- ASTICON 2019, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu
- 68th Foundation Day Celebration of IAL in 2019, Kolkata, West Bengal
- PEDDERM-CON 2019, Hyderabad, Telangana
- WCD 2019, Milan, Italy
- Dermacon International 2019, Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Cuticon WB 2018, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Cuticon Jharkhand 2018, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
- ONYCHOCON – 2018, Puri, Odisha
- Overseas Symposium of Aesthetica Asia 2018, Athens, Greece
- ASTICON 2018, New Delhi
- CODFICON 2018, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- ASPCR-SLCD 2018, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Middermacon 2018, Nagercoil, Tamil Nadu
- Mid Cuticon 2018, Kolkata, West Bengal
- GADCON 2018, New Delhi
- IADVL WB 2017, Kolkata, West Bengal
- ASTICON 2017, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- EADV 2017, Geneva, Switzerland
- DAAS Summit 2017, New Delhi
- DERMACON 2017, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Midcuticon WB 2016, Burdwan, West Bengal
- DAAS Summit 2016, Delhi
- AESTHETICS 2016, New Delhi
- Pigmentarycon 2016, New Delhi
- MidDermacon 2016, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- DERMACON 2015, Mangalore, Karnataka
- ASTICON 2014, Chandigarh
- Dermazone East 2014, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
- AESTHETICS 2014, New Delhi
- LEPCON 2014, Chandigarh
- Cuticon WB 2013, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Cuticon Manipur 2013, Imphal, Manipur
- Dermazone East 2013, Cuttack, Odisha
- DERMACON 2013, New Delhi
- AESTHETICS 2012, New Delhi
- WCD 2011, Seoul, South Korea
- EADV 2008, Paris
- WCD 2007, Argentina
- EADV 2006, Greece
- WCD 2004, Beijing
- Asian Dermatological Association Conferences in Singapore in 1989
- Hong Kong in 1991
- Netherlands in 1988
- Delhi in 1984
Travelling, Photography, Writing.